Monday, August 4, 2008

Tagged!

I've been tagged by Jess at Overflowing Bookshelf to reveal 9 Random Facts about myself. Nine is a random number......I might do more, though.

Random Fact # 1: I do NOT like blue ink! I will go out of my way to find a black ink pen to avoid using blue. I have no real problem with other colors of ink although I won't use anything other than black if it's something for work.

Random Fact # 2: I can wrap my hair around my nose. I know it seems like I would have discovered this talent while in college after consuming adult beverages, but no......I was in the 7th grade.

Random Fact # 3: I know all the words to the Swedish Chef Song from the Muppet Show and can sing it for you the next time I see you ; )

Random Fact # 4: I love bald and balding men. I don't care if you shave your head or you lose your hair because of genetics, bald is beautiful.

Random Fact # 5: I don't watch television, but that's misleading. I don't watch an actual television, but if it's available on Netflix Instant Viewing or the whole season of a TV series is available on DVD, I'll watch it.....I just don't like to be tied to the TV and a show's time slot. I want to be able to watch when I have the time and walk away from it when I don't without feeling like I'm missing episodes.

Random Fact # 6: My first job was as a ball shagger at Southern Hills Country Club in Tulsa. I was shameless when it came to soliciting members of the club to hire me for their tennis games.....you'd be surprised (or maybe not) at how many "repectable" men of the community will jump through hoops when a tan, skinny, teenaged girl says, "Shag your balls, only five bucks an hour." It was a fun summer and I really did just chase after errant tennis balls. (I'm so glad I don't have any daughters!)

Random Fact # 7: I believe in predestination or destiny. Nothing happens by accident.

Random Fact # 8: I have an irrational fear that people will think I'm lazy, so I always have lots of projects and hobbies going at the same time.

Random Fact # 9: I was born on Monday, September 13th and my favorite day of the week is Monday and my favorite number is 13.....coincidence? I think not!

Random Fact # 10: My favorite book is "Alas, Babylon" by Pat Frank. I've probably read it 30 times since high school.


Those are my random facts. Play along, if you like, and post some random facts about yourself.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love that I learned something new while reading this. I'm not sure I knew (or maybe my old brain just didn't retain the info)that you were a ball shagger.

And I especially love that you tagged your blog with the terms "Balding" and "ball shagger". I hope someone does a search for those on google, LOL!!!