Sunday, August 3, 2008

Is the Universe Sending Me a Message?!?

Thursday evening on my drive home, I was stopped for making an illegal lane change (I didn't use my signal). A very young officer who looked like she went straight to the academy from high school asked for my license and insurance verification. She went back to her vehicle to check my license and write my ticket. As I sat there waiting, I realized it was taking her a very long time to come back.

After a few more minutes she got out of her criuser and walked back to my car. As she approached my window she said, "Ma'am, can you step out of your vehicle?" I got out of my car and she said, "Come back to the vehicle with me, please." At this point I said, "Is there a problem?"

That's when I find out my license was suspended!

To make a very long story long, I was "arrested" and "released in the field" to my friend Andy. I had to leave my car downtown and I made arrangements to get to and from work on Friday.

I spent the day Friday trying to clear up the mishap that resulted in the unjust suspension of my license. It took nearly $300 and an act of God to get everything cleared up by the close of business Friday so I wouldn't have to go the entire weekend without a car.

Friday night, friends asked me to come hang out with them. Since I was under strict advisement to carry the paperwork that solved the license problem with me until Monday, I was trying to drive as little as possible. I met my friends, left my car and rode with them. We were out very, very late, so it was Saturday by the time I picked up my car to head for home.

I put my key in the ignition and turned..........it sounded like my car had a diesel engine!

I'm not really sure what's wrong with it. It could be a muffler/exhaust problem or it could be the engine (rings or pistons.....something catestrophic like that).

So, I busted my ass to get my driving privileges back Friday so I wouldn't be stranded over the weekend only to have my car freak out and I was carless anyway.

I'm not sure what message the universe is trying to send me, but I'm not going to be driving for awhile. Whether I fix the car or get a new one, I'm not in a hurry to do so. For some reason, I don't think I should be driving.

All things considered, I thought my weekend was fantastic, but the details of that will have to wait for another blog!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Girl, you know I feel your pain with car trouble. We've certainly been in that boat before. Don't forget, we're happy to help any way we can, so just call if you need anything. You are consistently busting your ass to help out your friends... I think we can be your taxi service for a while:)