Friday, September 18, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane!

Tomorrow I fly from Oklahoma City to Vegas (non-stop, baby!) for another year of Talent Quest Nationals! There's lots on my mind as I prepare for my 9 days immersed in music, but at the forefront of them all is what a difference a year makes.

When I was preparing to leave last year, I was happy with my job and had just started talking to this really great guy. The job and the guy are no longer, but I'm not unhappy about any of it, although I find I'm growing a bit nostalgic over the boy since so much was happening with him this time last year. I'm anxious to go and replace last years memories with new ones.........and I'm hopeful the last little bit of ache I feel when I think of him will subside.

I'm also looking forward to hearing lots of great singers (I'll try to blog and post some videos throughout the week if I have the time), seeing old friends and meeting new ones! Overall, Talent Quest has been the most rewarding volunteer gig I've ever had!

If you're interested in learning more about Talent Quest, click HERE

I'll be posting more next week as the contest gets into full swing.....it's gonna be a blast!

No comments: