Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Bottom of my Heart

Last week was a stressful one for me......mostly just trying to get through a challenging year of TQ regionals, but mixed in with that was having to deal with two "ghosts of boyfriends past" (as I like to call them). Mainly, Pepe. I haven't had any contact with him since the end of May (which is a long time for he and I to go without at least e-mailing) and I hadn't been missing him at all which makes me know I've finally gotten over him........mostly.



The poem I'm posting is actually one I wrote when I was about 15........and then I changed the final lines when I was in college. I can't remember writing it about anyone in particular, but I must have..........I guess it just proves that time heals all wounds. Regardless, this little, silly, school girl poem just won't stay out of my head, so I'm trying to blog it out!





I thought that we were finished,

We said that we were through.

I tucked your memory away

and tried to start anew.

I went along my merry way

without another thought

but suddenly, your name comes up

and my heartbeat seems to stop.

Why-- (if I am over you

and all my wounds have healed)

why am I feeling lonely here?

What has my heart concealed?

So, I searched my heart completely,

down to the deepest part-

to find I'd only forgotten you

'til the bottom of my heart.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I don't think it's a silly school girl poem! It's better than anything that I could write even now:)

stargurrl13 said...

Thanks, Jess! There are already some edits I'd like to make since having posted the poem.......I find it's always easier to self-edit when one hasn't looked at the piece in a while.

I've been writing some new stuff......maybe it will show up here soon.

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny how wise we really are even at young ages!: )

I am glad you are getting over Pepe. Boys are crazy. Sometimes, they give me a headache. And sometimes they don't : ) It all depends on the day, I guess!