Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mashup Madness

SO.....SOMEOME DIDN'T LIKE ME GIVING LINKS TO THEIR WORK AND BLOGGER PULLED MY BLOG UNTIL I REMOVED THE LINKS. HERE'S THE POST AGAIN, SANS LINKS. [I KEPT THE LINKS TO THE DJS WEBSITES IN.....IF THEY OBJECT TO WEB TRAFFIC FROM MY BLOG, THEY CAN KISS MY A$$]


I've really been on a mashup kick lately. I've been surfing from site to site and occasionally posting links to mp3 files on facebook when I ran across a mashup I liked. So, in an effort to spare my facebook friends a million mashups in their newsfeed, I've decided to post the links here and then just post the link for my blog on facebook. See the logic? One million links in the facebook newsfeed have just been condensed to one!

I'd really like to save my favorite mashup until the end of the blog, but I want EVERYONE to hear this one, so I'm going to put it first. This master mashup is by Mad Mix Mustang.

I've Got More Than a Feeling -
Boston-More Than a Feeling vs. The Black Eyed Peas- I've Got a Feeling.

The rest of the mashups aren't in any particular order. Some of them I like because of the simple genius behind combining 2 songs so seamlessly, some are here because the mashup contains an artist I normally wouldn't listen to but the mashup makes me like the song and some are here just because they make me smile. Enjoy the music mashups!

SpacemanOnFire (mashup by Lasso the Moon)
Kings of Leon- Sex on Fire
The Killers- Spaceman
with snippets of T-Rex- Bang-a-Gong

4 Minutes to Mix the World (mashup by Chris Fletcher)
Fletcher uses 50 different songs in this mashup! See how many you can hear. You can find a complete list of tracks used on his website

Brooklyn Rocks (mashup by Lobsterdust)
Beastie Boys-No Sleep Till Brooklyn
Joan Jett- I Love Rock and Roll

Dance Dreams (mashup by Divide and Kreate)
Lady GaGa- Just Dance
Eurythmics- Sweet Dreams

Pink Wedding (mashup by Go Home Productions)
Pink- Let's Get this Party Started
Billy Idol- White Wedding

If I Were a Free Fallin' Boy ( mashup by DJ Earworm)
Tom Petty- Free Fallin
Beyonce- If I Were a Boy

Don't Stop Believin' In Planet Rock (mashup by A + D)
Journey- Don't Stop Believin'
Afrika Bambaataa- Planet Rock

Reckoner Lockdown (mashup by DJ Earworm)
Kanye West- Love Lockdown
Radiohead- Reckoner

Enter You (mashup by Wax Audio)
Metallica- Enter the Sandman
Bryan Adams- Run to You

Touch My Girlfriend (mashup by Titus Jones)
Mariah Carey- Touch My Body
Avril Lavigne- Girlfriend

And......I leave you with mashup by DJ Earworm. Annie Lennox asked him to make a killer mashup of songs from her solo career. Not only did he make a stellar mashup, but he also spliced together snippets of all the videos to make a mashup video as well.

Backwards/Forwards

No comments: