Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Waxing Poetic

I've already posted a couple of poems here and I intend to post more in the weeks to come. I'm not sure if I'll be posting any new stuff I've written or if it will be stuff from long ago.....BUT, in preparation and anticipation of some readers who either think they're not into poetry or who just don't understand it, I offer this trilogy of poems written to a friend who was reluctant to embrace even the simplest of poems. The poems are written from the Poetry's point of view:

A Cheesy Poem for My Friend (from Poetry, herself), In Three Parts

Part 1

You may not think you like me
I can really understand
With all the flowery mumbo jumbo
And words which seem so grand
But I can take on many forms
And I'm often not so "rhymey"
So if you ever change your mind
Call Heather and she'll help you try me!

Part 2

Please, don't
flee-
I don't blame you for
being reluctant
Poetry is like change
despised
feared
misunderstood
I don't want to change you
I just want a chance.

Part 3

I sat and thought of you today...
Hoping you would look me up
and invite me into your life.
I know, if I am patient, I will
Win you over.
In that respect, we are alike-
Both of us prizes
Each in our own right!
But you cannot see that
because you shut me out.
Please, please don't hate me because I'm Poetry!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How come you are the coolest girl on the planet?

How come I want you to move to Philadelphia or DC so you can be closer to me and we can be real life friends : )?

How come I can't stop praying about the job interview and I AM SO EXCITED!

God has great things in store for you!