Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Dawning of A New Day

I'm almost speechless about the outcome of the election. I'm thrilled to have been witness to such an historic event and am happy to have been a part of making it happen.

I don't write many blogs about politics and this one won't be long or overly political. As one of the unemployed on the beginning edge of a recession, tonight's victory brings me hope. I look forward to the new administration of Barack Obama and their ability to repair the damage of the last 8 years.

I'm off to bed for the deep sleep of the contented.
I leave you with my favorite cartoon of this election season......it explains one of the biggest reasons America needed this change.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love your Mom! How sweet of her to ask. I did, in fact, tell Quince, just on Saturday about my blog friends that are praying. Quince can't talk too much yet, but it made him smile. I asked him if he knew what a blog was and he shook his head so I told him a little about it. I told him that so many people are praying and wishing all the best for him and his children. Then I had to stop talking about it because it made him start to cry. I thank you so much for your constant prayers! It means more to me than you can ever know : ).

I LOVED the way you told me to tell Joanna about the baby looking like Johnny. PERFECT : ). I don't think she is too mad, but every time she talks to me she mentions it.

And one last thing...I am also filled with hope about President Obama. Although all of my negative Christian friends are depressing me a little. Oh, and the 500 point stock market drop today is also making me a little sad. BUT, I do have GREAT HOPE for Obama! Truly great hope.

I'm praying for you too!