9. Chelino's Mexican Restaurant (no website)- They have several locations, but the best, in my opinion is the one on SW Grand (I think it's the first one they opened). Everything on their menu is good, but I recommend you try the shrimp cocktail appetizer! It's a real treat!
8. Hamburger King in Shawnee, OK http://www.hamburgerking.com/-
7. Sherri's Diner (no website)- I'll drive all the way to the south side of OKC just to have an order of fried pickle slices from this place! I've had fried pickles from all over, but NONE even come close to Sherri's.
6. Zorba's Mediterranean Cuisine http://www.zorbasokc.com/- I love everything on their menu, but there are 2 items that I seem to order more often than any other: baba gannouj and pistachio baklava. I've never had pistachio bakalava anywhere else, but I dream about theirs.....yummy!
4. Prohibition Room http://www.prohibitionroom.com/- This restaurant has only been open a month and a half and it is quickly moving up my list of favorites. they have a unique list of prohibition era cocktails that would have been served in a speakeasy and their menu is fantastic. If you can only choose one meal to eat here, I suggest brunch. From 11am-3pm on Sundays you can enjoy an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet of sweet and savory selections and bottomless mimosas (or coffee if you prefer) for only $20! It's the place to be!
3. Tokyo Japanese Restaurant (no website)- This is my favorite place to go for sushi in the city. The atmosphere is laid back and the waitstaff is always very helpful. It's a great place to take your friends who are first-time sushi eaters because everything is so FRESH.....they'll love it! My recommendation: The Double Crunchy!!!!
AND.....my all-time, absolute, favorite place to eat:
1. Coney I-Lander in Tulsa, OK (no website)
Not to be mistaken with just any coney place, this branch of local coney parlors has been serving the Tulsa Metro area since 1926. There are TONS of message boards on the web where people who have either moved away from Tulsa or who have visited there and experinced the perfection of their conies will wax eloquently about their virtues. Having grown up in Tulsa, I remember eating here as a small child and even then it was my favorite. One of the great things is the word scramble that's posted each week in the store. I loved to see if I could solve it before my mother.