Sunday, February 21, 2010

Effectuating Change

Effectuating change. Is that really possible?

I believe so.

Maybe it's my optimistic view of the world which makes me think it's possible, but I really do believe all the small things one does to make the world a better place add up. Given recent circumstances in my life, I've become much more aware of those in need of help. I was fortunate to have parents who taught me the "Golden Rule" when I was little. It's such a basic concept, but so very true. If everyone would treat others the way they wanted to be treated, this world would be a better place.


Even with all the bad breaks I've had the past six months, all those things are temporary. I wake up healthy everyday and for that I'm so thankful. So many aren't that fortunate.


My friend, Nick Simpson, is doing his part to make this world a better place. He's part of a team of cyclists who will be riding from Houston to Austin in April to raise money and awareness for Multiple Sclerosis. This is a cause which hits close to home for me because my dear brother-in-law has an aunt who has been living with MS for decades. He also had an uncle who lived with MS for years before losing his battle.

Instead of trying to describe the many ways MS affects and afflicts those who have it, I will provide links to the National MS Society's page. But first, I'd like to make a personal request:

If you and your loved ones are healthy, please take a moment to visit Nick's donation page and consider making a donation. You can donate any amount you'd like.....even if it's as little as $1.00. Click HERE for Nick's page. You can see his goal and watch his progress towards it.



Thank you in advance for considering a donation. To learn more about MS. Click HERE. Knowledge is power.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw when you posted this last night on facebook and I couldn't come over to leave a comment via my phone. I will bring my wallet when I come to the computer again. We can all do something, right? : )

stargurrl13 said...

Becky, it's so true. I've really been convicted lately about how much it effects others when I choose NOT to help even in little ways. Assuming the little things don't make a difference has been a mistake I made for too long and I'm trying to change that about myself.

Thanks for being such a kind and loving friend.