Monday, December 7, 2009

What a Difference a Year Makes!

It's odd how, on the surface, my current circumstances resemble last year. I'm currently unemployed......with no great prospects on the horizon. I have a lot fewer resources than last year (even with a roommate......who has turned out to be more expensive than helpful). However, despite the seeming gloominess of the situation, I'm happy. Happier than I've been in a long time. A few months ago I mentioned in a blog how I wished I could just sell everything I owned and travel........but my virgo sensibilities kept me from being able to do that. Where would I get money? How could I make it? Today, it seems so much more feasible. I think I got too wrapped up in the tangible things and thought those things were what created my "life", but that's so far from the truth. It's the little things like watching my nieces and nephews laugh and play together, getting a text from my 5 year old goddaughter sent via her mother. Knowing I have family and friends who love and understand me. And knowing things can always be worse, and for many others, things are worse.

It would probably horrify most of my friends if they knew how close to being homeless I am. But, something in the universe keeps bringing me back to this place and I can't ignore there must be a reason why......something I didn't learn the first time I was here. So, I'm trying to be still and listen for the lessons I'm meant to gain from this time in my life.

On a more bloggy note, I noticed yesterday I averaged a blog a week for 2008.......I'm well behind that pace for 2009. I'm contemplating trying to blog just a little a day to make up for it, but I probably won't unless I feel I have something I want to write.

I hope this post doesn't come across as a downer. For how I'm feeling is so far from it. I have so many blessings in my life for which to be thankful. My life is full of family and friends.........and I'm not chained to a job I hate!

No comments: